apply for a residency
Pacitti Company Think Tank Residencies provide dedicated space for artists to research and develop new ideas and projects in our White Room. Each residency is offered for a period of one or two weeks, with local accommodation and breakfast provided. We will offer up to six residencies a year.
Each residency will be put together as a bespoke package of support, tailored to the individual needs of each successful applicant. The Think Tank is easily accessible by bus and train from London and has free onsite parking. Journey time from London is just over an hour. The Think Tank is wheelchair accessible and there are accessible toilets onsite.
DUE TO A HIGHER THAN ANTICIPATED NUMBER OF APPROACHES, WE ARE TAKING SOME TIME TO RESPOND TO EVERYONE. THANKS FOR YOUR PATIENCE.
"I appreciate your support immensely. Having time and space outside London to work, to be able to think, read and allow things to settle, encouraged me to fully focus in on my own work. It's been really very important for me." Madeleine Botet De Lacaze, after her Think Tank Residency
WHAT WE CAN OFFER
- One to two weeks dedicated time in the White Room, a high-ceilinged space designed as a place to think, unpack ideas and create.
- One wall of the room is a whiteboard. It has black out blinds, dimmable lights and a piano.
- Large floor cushions make for a relaxed working environment, with a range of tables and chairs also available.
- An artist’s surgery professional development session
- Networking advice and support with Pacitti Company team members
- A residency outcomes sharing - closed, invited or public
- Access to equipment and resources
- Bed and breakfast for one, or two people sharing a room
WHAT WE ASK IN RETURN
- We offer the residencies because we want to support the development of new practice. Whilst we respect each resident’s need for uninterrupted time and space, we would hope that across the residency there could be time for us to socialise or eat together at some point.
- We ask that residents write a statement about their residency experience, that we may use for future advocacy purposes.
- We also ask for an image, taken during your residency, to use for advocacy and our Think Tank Archive.
WHAT WE AREN'T SEEKING
The residencies have been conceived to support seedling ideas, new thinking, new project development and focused time for artistic research. As such they are not suitable as replacement rehearsal space for works that are already made or about to be presented elsewhere.
CRITERIA FOR APPLYING
We welcome everyone to apply for our residencies but priority will be given to artists developing radical practices for social change. We specifically encourage approaches from those prioritising the politics of visibility (and invisibility) for artists of colour, queer artists, disabled artists, and non-binary or trans artists; also makers working with performance, live art, installation, experiments in sound + music, projects exploring heritage + place, developing new directions in work for kids + families, or meaningful engagement with young people.
Fill out this form below and hit send. We won't be able to offer everyone a residency who applies, but we will respond to each applicant directly.